The Tower Theater
|The Tower Theater
Officially opened in August 2010 and located in Green Hall on the campus of Liberty University, the Tower Theater boasts 540 seats, a balcony, orchestra pit, catwalks, and a fly tower. In addition to student-produced work from the Department of Theatre Arts, the contemporary-style theater has become the home of the Alluvion Stage Company, and has hosted productions such as Les Miserables, The Little Mermaid, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame .
The Alluvion Stage Company, in association with Liberty University, performs all of their professional musicals on the stage at the Tower Theater, The Tower Theater architects won an award for the theater’s industrial design from the Virginia Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers. The first-place award was in the Contract Institutional design category.
Directions to the Tower Theater
Liberty University Address
1971 University Blvd
Lynchburg Va, 24515
From 460 West:
Take 460 west to the Candler’s Mountain Rd./University Blvd. exit. At the light, take a RIGHT onto University Blvd. At the next light, take a LEFT onto Candlers Mt. Road. Take the first LEFT onto LaHaye Center Rd. The road will split. Follow the split around to the left.
From 460 East:
Take 460 east to the Candler’s Mountain Rd./Liberty University/Route 670 exit. Follow the exit ramp around to the RIGHT. Go straight through the traffic light. Take a LEFT onto LaHaye Center Rd. The road will split. Follow the split around to the left.
You may park in the LaHaye Student Union parking lot. Walk through the main doors, into the atrium. Continue straight down the hall, past the food court. Turn right to go to the Box Office, or continue straight to enter the front of the Tower Theater. The Theater entrance is directly across from the restrooms.
Tower Theater Policies
- No smoking anywhere near the theater area, inside or out.
- No outside food or drink.
- No recording devices, including still cameras.
- Doors open a half hour before curtain time.
- Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of Theater Management.
- The Tilley Student Center is open prior to weekday and Saturday performances, as well as during intermission for patrons to purchase snacks and drinks. Vending machines are located directly outside of the Theatre. Patrons must show their ticket for re-admittance. Please remember that food and drinks are not allowed in the Theater.
- Wheelchair seating is available, and the theater is equipped with an elevator.
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- No cell phone use during the performance, including texting.
- No visitors backstage at any time.
- All trash should be deposited in the appropriate trash receptacles inside and outside the theater.
- Please be courteous to other patrons by escorting crying babies and disruptive children to the nearest exit.